The next 4 stars are stars which changes according to the year of birth. To describe them as wild cards is quite appropriate as u will discover as i continue to explain them to you.
● The 4 stars are not actual stars that have their own characteristic, but they are tag-on stars. By tag-on, i mean the 4 wild cards will attach themselves to 4 of the major stars and envelope the stars.
● When the wild card is tagged on the major star, it modifies the major star. The major star still has it own character, but it is modified depending on which wild card is attached to it.
● Thus, to know the actual effect of the wild card, we need to know the character of the major star and the way the wild card modifies it.
Let me introduce you to the 4 wild cards
● 化禄 : this wild card when tagged onto a major star, will modify it by increasing its effects terms of improving its effects in terms of improving Relationship,Wealth.
● 化权 : this wild card when tagged onto a major star, will modify it by increasing its effects in terms of improving Authority, ‘ Power’.
● 化科 : this wild card when tagged onto a major star, will modify it by increasing its effects in terms of improving Competence, Academic Knowledge.
● 化忌 : this wild card when tagged onto a major star, will modify it by giving problems, creating a flaw in the character of the star.
● A simple understanding is that 化禄, 化权, 化科 will make the star better while 化忌 will not.
● These 4 wild cards has no brightness of its own. Its brightness depends on the brightness of the major stars. In the same way brightness of stars function, the brighter the star the better. So, if 权 ,禄,科 attaches to a level 5 star, it will help to make to make the star better. If 权 ,禄,科 attaches itself to a level 1 star, its effects will not be felt much. The best scenario is for 权 ,禄,科 to attach themselves to a level 5 star, thus making 权 ,禄,科 brightness at level 5 too.
● If 化忌 is attached to a level 5 star, its bad effects will not be felt as much, as a level 5 star will show off a lot of the good qualities of the star. If 化忌 is attached to a level 1 star ( level 1 star has no brightness and will show the bad qualities of a star ), it will make the bad qualities worse.
Out of the 14 major stars, only certain stars will 化禄, 化权, 化科, 化忌. I will not go into what stars, but you need to understand the basic principle of the 4 wild cards as stated above. I will give a few examples below to explain:
武曲 has 化禄 attached to it in the wealth sector. 武曲 is a money star, and if 化禄 attaches on ( we know that this wild card improves the wealth/relationship factor), it will help the major star obtain more wealth. 武曲 has a no nonsense, straightward character, but with 化禄, it helps him to relate to people better, thus improving its inter-personal relationship as well when he earns money. However, how much the 化禄 can improve the major star will depend on the brightness of the major star. If 武曲 is level 5 brightness, the wild card also has level 5 brightness and will multiply the good qualities many times. If the 武曲 is like level 2, then attaching a 化禄 to it will not help it as much. The 化禄 will also be level 2 brightness .Thus the 武曲 after 化禄 will be better than not having the wild card. But imagine two level 2 stars compared to two level 5 stars; i believe u can see the difference.
If the major star that the wild card is attached to is not a money star, the wild card will help the major star mainly through the relationship factor, and minimally through the wealth factor. Thus, the best scenario is for 化禄 to attach itself to a level 5 money star to achieve the maximum effect.
紫微 has 化权attached to it in the work sector. 紫微 is a career, authority star. 化权is a wild card that improves the authority/’power’ factor of a star. Thus with 紫微 it will help the major star improve its authority, and help further improve the career. 紫微 exists from level 3 to level 5 brightness, thus 化权will help improve it, except it will help level 5 brightness more than level 3.
巨 门has 化权attached to it in the work sector. 巨门 is a ‘mouth’ star. Knowing that 化权is a wild card that improves the authority/’power’ factor of a star. Thus putting these two stars together, 巨 门will make the star speak with authority. Thus, if the star is at level 5 brightness, then the star will speak with authority at work, and most likely hold a position of authority in order to be so. However, if the level of brightness is only at level 1, instead of the 化权, the star will still not do well at work. Because the ‘mouth’ star is dim, it will still have problems with gossips at work, and problems will arise when he ‘talks’. In fact, the wild card here actually makes the situation at work worse, because the person still wants to speak with authority inspite of the problems that can arise when he speaks.
This is the weakest in strength when compared with the other 3 wild cards.
友弼 has 化科 attached in the work sector together with 太阳. 太阳 is a career star and when found in the work sector, it will depend on the brightness of the star. If 太阳 has level 5 brightness, it means he will have a good career, especially among males in the work place. Here there is 友弼 with 化科, which means there is help with females as well (as 友弼 is usually associated with females) and this help are people who are very competent, academically sound ( due to the fact there is 化科 attached to it ).As the major star is very bright, competent help will push the career higher.
If the 太阳 is of level 1 brightness, the situation will not be good. Here the career star is dim, meaning the person will not have a good career. The 友弼 with化科, shows that there are competent female help in the work sector. But in this case, the ‘help’ actually further worsen the career.
If 文曲 has 化科 attached to it in the wealth sector. We know that wealth sector is how we earn money , and how we spend money. With 文曲 is there, we need to know the brightness of the star. If it is Level 5, it means he can articulate (express ) himself very well, and he uses it to earn his money. With 化科 attached ( it will also have level 5 brightness) , it adds a new dimension to it. 化科 will make his 文曲 more academic ( like dealing with issues that require calculation like finance issues). It also makes him more competent in earning money.
If the 文曲 has only level 1 brightness, it will mean he does not have the gift to ‘talk’, express to earn money. Thus it will decrease his ability in the wealth sector. If 化科 is attached, the 化科 will make the 文曲 academic. Thus inspite of the 文曲 being level 1, the 化科 actually makes the situation a bit better by making the 文曲 more competent.
● 化忌 is a wild card that can fill a whole book, but it is not the purpose of this book to do so. Let us get a better understanding of the wild card. The wild card is a tag-on to a star, and will give the star problems. The type of problems that the wild card will give will correspond to the characteristic of the star it attaches to. I will give u all the possible examples that can be found with the wild card. The wild card will only attach to 9 stars out of the many stars, and depending on which year the person is born, only one star will be affected by 化忌. Below will show all the stars that 化忌 will attached to.
1. 太阳: the area of problem is with career, males
2. 太阴: the area of problem is with money, feelings, females
3. 廉贞: the area of problem is with planning, the law
4. 巨门: the area of problem is with the ‘mouth’, gossips
5. 天机: the area of problem is with intelligence, chances
6. 文曲: the area of problem is with expression, articulation
7. 文昌: the area of problem is with academic issues, finance, paper-work
8. 武曲: the area of problem is with money
9. 贪狼: the area of problem is with relationship, talent, ‘luck’
The severity of the problem that the wild card will give depends on the brightness of the star it attaches to. If the star has level 5 brightness, the wild card will also has level 5 brightness and will not give as much problem when compared to a level 1 star, and a level 1 wild card.
The topic about 化忌 can create a lot of controversies. Different schools in 紫微 will give different stars that will undergo 化忌. The main aim of the book is to help readers understand the basic concept of the stars / wild cards. Thus i will not go deeper into this topic. As a sidetrack i will mention that different schools also give different importance to the rule of brightness. But i will not deal into this topic as well.
● If 武曲 has 化忌 attached the wealth sector. The wealth sector determines how we earn money, how we spend money, the amount of money we have at hand. 武曲 is a money star and the next step is to look at the brightness of the star. If the star is level 5 brightness, then we can conclude that the person will be able to earn a lot of money. But if the 化忌 is attached here, it means the person will have problems with money as 武曲 is a money star , and being in the wealth sector, it involves how he earns money. Thus the person may have difficulties while earning money. In this case, the star is level 5 brightness, thus the money problems is not that severe. He still will earn good money, but have money problems on/off. If the 武曲 is of low brightness, like level 2, then he will have money problems.